Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pics from Autumn Leaves

I'm feeling a lot more calm than I was yesterday.  I received much good advice here and elsewhere and appreciate all the comments!  Thank you!  This one from "T.S." I really took to heart:

I'm always for listening to your body. Your mind will always try to talk you in to this or that, but your body - it doesn't tend to lie. I would give it what it is asking for right now. No need to make any other decisions than that for the time being. Good luck. 

And that's exactly what I'm going to do. Take it one day at a time.  So I'm walking for now.  That's what feels best and right.  I think I was feeling so anxious because I want to do my best at Across the Years.  I don't want to go and put in a half-ass performance.  The belt buckle would be incredible, but really, I just want to participate in and experience this awesome race.  And I want to be excited about it.  So I'm working on that mojo.

Here are the pictures from Autumn Leaves, taken by Tom Riley.  Very cool that the race paid for these so participants could download them for free.  Thanks Bret!  They did this at SOB too.

Marc on track for 2nd in his age group in the 10k

And he was 19th overall

Here comes #1 -- Loved having that number.


Happy to be there!


Need to work on that hunchback --- more Pilates!

My favorite boys

Hope they didn't scare anyone

3 comments:

Joe said...

Very, very cool the race posted these for you for free...what great images...what a beautiful setting!! Well, the running anyway...the hats are just funny!!

Adelyn said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures - it certainly looks like a cool, lovely day for running.

And your decision to just take it a day at a time sounds perfect.

Rick Gaston said...

Great pictures. Uh-oh, I'm out of the loop. Gonna back track and see what happened.