Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Beacon Rock 50k 2012


For a variety of reasons, I just don't have it in me to write a proper race report. Suffice to say, it was an incredible weekend - with Backyard Half on Saturday too!  For my own benefit, I may come back later and fill in some details. My goal was to finish this tough 50k (near 8,000 ft of gain) in 8 hours or less.  I finished in 7:45 feeling like I continue on so it was a success!

For now, here are some picture from that weekend:

Climbing up Mt Hamilton - Mile 9 - photo by Glenn Tachiyama

Saddle with Mt Hamilton in background - Mile 25 - photo by Glen Tachiyama

Finish! - photo by Esther Holman
Still smiling at finish! - photo by Esther Holman

From the Backyard Half - mile 8 - Mt Hood across Gorge
From the Backyard Half - mile 8 - Gorge looking West.

1 comment:

Joe said...

What an awesome weekend!! That is just terrific Sarah...you deserved to be flying high!

And the scenery you Oregonians enjoy! That makes is wonderful in its own right. As I type this, I just came in from a very hot, sloggy, humid run past soybean fields and a cemetery...yeah, I like your running scenery better!!