Wednesday, February 06, 2008

On hiatus until further notice

I'm not shutting this blog down, but I can't write anything here for awhile. I'm not able to run and its really bumming me out. I want to focus on positives not negatives and I can't think of anything positive to write about right now. I'm fairly certain my issue isn't related to overuse, but stems directly from my slip on the ice a week and a half ago. Hopefully it will resolve quickly, but when you are in the thick of things its hard to see beyond that. And I've never had a problem quite like this before. I can't change what has happened but can only move forward and try to let go of my expectations.

P.S. I just re-read this and it sounds like I'm having a pity party. That's really not my intention at all. For some reason, thinking about my next blog post was adding to my stress. Just trying here to let go of the negative and focus on the positive. ....Let It Go......

11 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Hang in there. Hope you recovery soon. I'll miss your posts.

Dmitri said...

Sarah, your blog is very inspirational, and I always enjoy reading your posts. Hope you are going to recover pretty soon and resurface from your hiatus :)

Backofpack said...

Sarah,
Go easy on yourself! I know what you mean - sometimes writing a post and sometimes looking at how far behind I've fallen in commenting adds stress I don't want or need! I figure it happens to all of us and I try to let it go. Heal well, and we'll send you positive, healing vibes.

onepinkfuzzy said...

i totally understand!!! take it easy and like you said, let it go. it'll be ok. we'll still be here to read if and when you choose to write more.

Unknown said...

I hope all gets better soon.

Journey to a Centum said...

It is not good for all our wishes to be filled; through sickness we recognize the value of health; through evil, the value of good; through hunger, the value of food; through exertion, the value of rest.
- Greek Proverb

Keep your head up and your shoulders back Sarah! Heal up and then tear it up! Wooo Hooo!

Trail Scat

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Hey Sarah per ur request :-)

Pool running info

Check out the links within this post, you will need the pool belt to help keep ur form and you can do the running in the deep end...I am REALLY loving this pool running, helping me from all the pavement running I do.

I hope it can help with maintaining ur fitness & help u recover faster...A few elite runners in Runners world Mag this month said pool running has helped big time for them.

and You Can still post some pictures of the Cakes you bake- Yummy!!

Keep ur chin up Chica ur the Best!

seagull junker said...

i hope you are able to come back soon. you have made some incredible improvements last year.

we will be waiting to hear from you no matter what.
tom

sherri said...

Hey Sarah, I think you have a very healthy attitude here. Take your time, heal your body and your mind will follow. I hope you feeling better on all fronts soon.

Olga said...

Now I feel at fault...hey, it's sunny outside, smile! Come over to Monika's pilates class tonight, I'll look into your hip!

Kim said...

Hope to hear from you soon!