Saturday, July 14, 2007

Change of plans

Today was supposed to be a hilly 15 miles on trails. But time constraints and me just plain not feeling like driving to run turned it into a 15 mile marathon pace road run. Speed instead of hills seemed like a good trade-off. I ran from my house down around the Portland waterfront and back. I was finished by 8:30 am, but it was already getting hot and humid with 5 miles to go. So I got in a bit of heat training too.

Tomorrow, Sharon and I are running in a women only trail 8K over in Forest Park. I'm mainly doing it for the swag and to support the park. Considering that I ran faster today than I expected, I'm not sure whether I'll run the race tomorrow as a fun run or try to race it. Right now I'm leaning towards fun run, but if I recover well I'll try to put out some effort. One thing I know for sure, I will not be running with Sharon. I'll bet there are still a few high school track records with her name on them back in Vermont. This is her time to flex those fast twitch muscles of hers. Go Sharon!

3 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Have a great time tomorrow...GO Sharon!! and I am sure Sarah you will kick it in a little bit to "chick" some of da boys:-)

Speaking of CHICKED, Geesh Krissy Moehl Kicked Hard Rock's ass this weekend THIRD Overall...and course record, same with Stud Jurek on a CR.

Nice miles & way to beat the heat a little bit in am, I really need to wake up early to do my runs here in FL...

just such a non-morning peep that I battle the heat in the afternoon as my penalty for not rolling out of bed--lol

Take care!

Darrell said...

Seems like a reasonable trade off. Have fun at the 8K.

Olga said...

I should see ya there:)